Wednesday 12 October 2011

Battle of the Bathroom

Throwing a new coat of paint onto your walls is probably the easiest and most cost effective way to freshen up a space. For our ugly little bathroom this was the first "to do" on the list.

The only problem was that I greatly underestimated how much Marc would care about the paint colour and it took me a long, long time to wear him down... but wear him down I did! 


With relentless hinting, suggesting and prodding, I had secured free reign for myself and was given the green light from Marc (God love him) to pick whatever colour I wanted... little did he know, what I really wanted was a beautifully bright turquoise to liven up the joint!

After his prep and my two coats, the space already looked entirely different. I L-O-V-E-D it immediately but Marc was pretty much in shock, and it took these few further accessories and personal touches to help this new look slowly grow on him...








    BEFORE      

AFTER

(It looks more blue in photos but really the colour matches the turquoise from the diagram up top!)


Approximate Cost Breakdown:

2 Cans of Spray Paint........$17.92
Ikea FRÄCK Mirror............$12.99
Ikea Shower Curtain.........$14.99
Paint & Supplies..............$50.00
3 Printed Photos..............$0.57 
West Elm Ceramic Owl.......$9.71

TOTAL: Just $106.18!!!

Unfortunately there's not much we can do about the terrible lighting here but I for one thought this was a great and fairly inexpensive transformation for the time being!

Plus with a few more tweaks (faux-frosted glass, for example) it'll only get better from here :)

Have you ever had to fight for your design ideas? Would you have chosen such a bold colour? Do tell!

KLI


5 comments:

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Awesome before and after Krista! Love that colour! For the most part, Aidan is pretty open about my ideas. He may roll his eyes when I want to buy this big art piece that is pink and flowery, but he goes along with it...and ends of loving it afterwards!

Krista @ Nook of Wellington said...

Thanks Shan! I know the eye-roll well lol... tell Aidan he's a good man! :)

Adding the finishing touch said...

I love the colour and how affordable the reno was. Good job!

Niki Kennedy said...

Krista I love reading your blogs. They're the perfect accent to my cup of coffee in the morning! :)

Krista @ Nook of Wellington said...

Thanks ladies! You're too kind :)